2C Energy is working to change the way businesses think about energy, because we see the market for energy changing – already.
The U.S. energy market is in the middle of a fundamental transformation – and that’s proven to be true regardless of Washington’s policies. Consider this:
- 2016 was the third consecutive year in which renewable technologies – especially wind and solar – made up more than half of the new generating capacity added to the U.S. power grid.
- Businesses that cut carbon emissions by just 3% annually over seven years could save as much as $190 million in lower energy bills, increased productivity and innovation. That means there’s a growing market for energy efficiency – and growing opportunities to meet that goal and make money doing it.
- In 2017, wind power surpassed coal to become the second-largest electricity source in Texas, a milestone once unimaginable as even the energy capital of the United States embraces renewable energy.
The United States is not an outlier – we are an exemplar, not an exception. The energy transformation is truly global. Consider this:
- In 2016, roughly twice as much was invested in renewables capacity worldwide than in fossil fuel generation.
- The Indian government is advancing plans to install 100 gigawatts of solar capacity by 2020 – more than double the U.S. capacity.
- China recently announced a $361 billion investment in clean energy, which the government estimates will create 13 million jobs.
The market is moving towards low-carbon sources of energy because that is what governments and consumers are demanding. American energy businesses can only succeed in the long term if they move in that same direction – first.
Sustainable Village Project, Malawi, Africa
– Albert Einstein